Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board width help please!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungMartin View Post
wait what? 153mm? seriously? that's way too thin for 10.5. in that case go for wide.
No way the Darkstar 160 is 153 mm waist. I looked it up an the Darkstar 159 cm is 251mm at the waist. That's a little narrow in my opinion for 10.5, but I personally really tip my board on edge a lot. As you can see in this video I'm riding a SL 155 with a 251 mm waist with size 8 boots (26.0 cm long). I'm ok for the most part but at the very end (around 1:00) you can see snow kicking up because I've tilted my snowboard up so much the heelcup of my binding is dragging in the now.

Obviously, most people don't do what I do... so if you only do mellow turns you probably could get away with it, but ever once in a while you are going to feel like your board gets hooked on some "grabby" snow on a hard turn and you are going to fall on your face/butt. That's when you've encountered boot/binding drag. It kind of suck, but most people don't carve hard enough for it to happen.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-17-2012 at 08:16 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote