Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Little core shot/base grind
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Little core shot/base grind

I have about 25-30 days on my Attack Banana. I have had it sharpened and waxed 3 times. Never had a base grind. Was out riding multiple rocks today at Sunshine Village (thanks to TorpedoVega's 11 AM beer drinking party) and got me a small core shot - about the size of a dime. My edges are nicked all over the place from other days on the hill and are fairly dull. I have been cruising the forum and agree that some people seem to obscess about their board a little too much. I have magnetraction and was bombing the hill just fine today. The board obviously needs wax as the edges are white, but no big deal - she still rockets down the mountain. My question is: do you need to take any action if you have a core shot? Or just forget about it? Should I consider a once a year base grind? Maybe I should get it filled and have a grind to start the year off right. I am leaning towards just forgetting about it and riding the bitch until it looks really bad. What do you think?

Last edited by ARSENALFAN; 11-17-2012 at 10:17 PM.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote