Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Boarder Trying to Gear Up (Layers)
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fuelrush

Default New Boarder Trying to Gear Up (Layers)

I'm brand new to snowboarding. I'll be in the Appalachias, mainly or completely in North Carolina for now. My considerations also include the fact that I probably will use some or all of the clothes when hiking and backpacking. I'll use them probably just as much in the backcountry as snowboarding or more. So the jacket for sure will be dual purpose. I love wake boarding so I'm confident I'll like snowboarding so I don't care to spend the money on the gear.

I think I'm going to pair a Arc'teryx Stingray in orange with Burton Black Jeans. I'm getting a good deal on the Stingray, so I'm kinda set on that. Picking a different Arc jacket will cost me more than the normal price differece. I also like the Jeans a lot (also getting a deal on them). They seem very packable and looks good with the bright jacket. All Gore-Tex.

What should I expect form Carolina slopes? Wet? Warm? How much insulation should I expect to need? I'm afraid I'm going to over kill the layers and burn up and have to buy even more stuff.

I need sudgestions on baselayers. I know there a lot out there, but I don't know what would match the conditions I'll be in.

Ideas on Mid layers? gloves? Or headwear?

Thanks for the input.
Fuelrush is offline   Reply With Quote