Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board: Rome Artifact, Arbor Draft, or Echelon Rounds?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Tomorrow I get to go pick out a new board for the season. I have narrowed it down to three boards: The Arbor Draft, Echelon Rounds, or the Rome Artifact, in no particular order. The price isn't an issue, I have enough money saved to cover. Here is some info about me:

I rode for the last half of the 2011-2012 Season, I can boardslide a ride-on rail, and handle small kickers. I can ride switch decently well, I am going to work on 1's and 3's this season.

Personally, I am 5'9'' and 125 Lbs.

I would like to stick in the 147-150 cm range, as I am very lightweight.

I mainly ride in slushy groomer park conditions, or the dreaded midwest ice-park.

Please post experiences or benefits for these boards. Sway my vote! Thanks in advance, and sorry about two similar threads in the same sub-forum so quickly.
The artifact is ridiculous soft but for someone your size that might not be much of a problem. That Arbor does have the grip-tech edges which are nice but keep in mind that the edges on the Draft are made of bronze instead of steel and they're super soft. You may consider the Westmark instead of the Draft unless you're looking mainly for a rails specific board?.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote