Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which Lib-Tech?
Thread: Which Lib-Tech?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 PM
hktrdr
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamantea View Post
Thanks, I will look into that. I just spoke with a shop owner who sells these boards and he suggested that the TRS and Travis Rice Pro are VERY similar and that the HP might help a little bit through corners but either way any of these boards at a 157 would be much better than what I am currently using.
He is telling you BS. The TRS and the T. Rice have some similarities (true twins, same C2BTX camber profile, similar construction for the TRS and the non-HP T. Rice) but are really quite different boards.
The T. Rice is a stiff charger, best suited for big mountain riding (although it will carve nicely on groomers, too). It is also a mid-wide. There is really not much joy in trying to butter with this board or hit the park (other than the jump line).
The TRS in contrast is a softer and much more playful board. It is much better suited for all-mountain riding (some groomers, some pow, some laps in the park).