Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which Lib-Tech?
Thread: Which Lib-Tech?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
pamantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
He is telling you BS. The TRS and the T. Rice have some similarities (true twins, same C2BTX camber profile, similar construction for the TRS and the non-HP T. Rice) but are really quite different boards.
The T. Rice is a stiff charger, best suited for big mountain riding (although it will carve nicely on groomers, too). It is also a mid-wide. There is really not much joy in trying to butter with this board or hit the park (other than the jump line).
The TRS in contrast is a softer and much more playful board. It is much better suited for all-mountain riding (some groomers, some pow, some laps in the park).

I went to look at the TRS 157 and Travis Rice Pro HP 157 today. Given that my boots are a size 12, I think I prefer the HP with the SLIGHT extra width. The firm rating is a 6 for the TRS and a 7 for the HP. I dont think that that slight of a difference should be too extreme. I am leaning towards the HP from what I saw and was told however I am open to opinions. I am getting a pretty sick price on the board which is another reason why I want to jump on it.
pamantea is offline   Reply With Quote