Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who Started Riding @ 50+ and Why?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
DirtyD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
(...I was a Navy Medic, '79 to '83!) [/U][/I]
Cool man. I was a Corpsman too. I did 14 years in the Navy. 1997-2011, and I'm originally from Michigan. Was Born and raised in Detroit suburbs until 5th grade then parents moved to small po'dunk farming town town in the middle of the state called Gladwin. From there I joined the Navy, did my thing for 14 years and landed here in "The Great Pacific Northwest" I loved it from the day I got here, just wish we'd get snow flying a little earlier but can't beat it when it does start. Any way started boarding at 30 as my kids got me into it, now in my 4th year. Attempted some "homemade" boarding as a teen but that didn't go so well. I didn't have a clue what i was doing. None the less managed to teach my self once I got the right equipment. Took me three days on the slopes before I was entirely comfortable hitting blue runs. This year's goal is to concur some more difficult / steeper terrain.

My rides
2012 NS Legacy 163.
2013 NS Brothers in Arms Cobra 163.

Last edited by DirtyD27; 11-19-2012 at 02:20 AM.
DirtyD27 is offline   Reply With Quote