Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton EST bindings (first bindings ever)
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #44 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Found an interesting eBay find relavent to our discussion...

Burton Feelgood Est Women's Snowboard 140cm w Burton C60 Est Bindings Snow NR | eBay

It's a Womens Burton Feelgood 140cm with C60 bindings on it. That's a board designed for a 105 pound girl, with bindings designed for a 170 pound man. It obviously "worked" for her but you can't tell me that it was anywhere close to ideal.

It's like putting race tires on a pinto. Sure you CAN do it, but you've past the point of diminishing gains long ago.

It DOES make sense to try to match your gear.
First off, feelgood isn't a soft board, more in the middle and if its the cambered version I can see the argument for stiff bindings, fits with camber more so than rockered.

I could easily see that being an ideal setup for an aggressive advanced female rider, it's a poor example of mismatched gear. Super stiff boots or bindings matched to a pure park board might now be the best match.

I run c60's on both my boards so I have consistent feel, one less variable to worry about. One board is a Sherlock and it works fine.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote