Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who Started Riding @ 50+ and Why?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
qwezxc12

I'm 41; no previous skiing other than way back in HS trying X-Country... in fact I hated our NE winters because I had nothing to do.

I first tried snowboarding when I was 35 - I had a co-worker take me out on a rental deck, up the lift, showed me how to falling leaf on the back edge, then said "see ya at the bottom, bro...". I spent most of that night on my ass skidding on hard New York "packed powder", i.e. ice, but knew I wanted to ride. I wound up taking some lessons the next year and it made a world of difference.

I always get a season pass at my local hill and make frequent day trips to Gore Mtn in the ADKs and weekends to southern / mid Vt. I travel for work and have been lucky to ride all over Summit County CO while working in Denver, and also got to hit up Mt. Baker and Stevens Pass several times while in Seattle.

I love riding all mountain and finding cool terrain and pow stashes - no park for me. Some friends and I just booked our 2nd annual guys trip to B.C. the end of January. Another 8 days at Revelstoke and Kicking Horse. Can't wait to get back to this: tons of pow and no crowds!
qwezxc12 is offline   Reply With Quote