Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TRice vs Cobra vs Custom vs... Been out of the game for a while
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
SnowbirdMD

Default TRice vs Cobra vs Custom vs... Been out of the game for a while

Iím from the good snow of the Rocky Mountains but been living out East for a while and thus out of the game for quite some time. Last board: Burton Custom 7 years ago. Needless to say, could use some recsÖ
I enjoy riding steep chutes, through the trees, all-mountain type of riding. I donít do much of the park and only the occasional jumps and slightly more often cliffs.
Iím looking at Lib Tech T Rice, the Never Summer Cobra or the always dependable Burton Custom again (although Iíd like to switch it up a bit). I've even considered the Nitro Ultimate. Any opinions amongst these boards? Any others I should seriously consider given my interests?
Also, Iím 5í9Ē and 150 lbs. Iíve been riding a 157. Seems like many people are converting to smaller boards. Iím thinking this may be worth it given the improved maneuverability, but I donít want to give up the ease in powder or the speed of longer boards. For my style, should I stick with a 157ish board or go down to 153?
Thanks a lot everyone
SnowbirdMD is offline   Reply With Quote