Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need some nike boot help??
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTNsteeze View Post
The Nike outlet here sells a lot of snowboard boots.

I know another person who has the same hatred as me. I have heard from talking to other people on the mountain they had the same experience. A lot of people buy boots at the Nike Outlet and hate them. I don't think they are the best boots at all.
Agree with me on this, Nike is the "hot" name in snowboard boots right now. Everyone wants them. Not everyones' feet will fit into their boots, but when people hear "Nike boots! Outlet! Cheap, cheap prices!" and run to buy them regardless of fit, there will be a decent amount of people whose feet don't fit the boot, and then will complain about them.

Quote:
I never heard of people hating boots from snowboard companies as much as Nike boots. Nike boots get a lot of hate. I do know some people who claim to like them. If a boot is good, most people will like them.
Like I said, Nike is a huge name in snowboarding footwear right now. A bigger name equals more boots sold, which in turn increases the chance for people to dislike the boots for whatever reason, and tell people about their experiences.

Quote:
The boots were cheap because they were the last size left in May. I wear a women's 5 and if the shop even bothers carrying that size, it's normally the last one sold. I have not paid more than 80 dollars in years for boots because of this. I was not trying on other boots because those fit and were very affordable. I paid 50 for my previous pair and those were epic.
That's your problem. You should have tried on at least some other boots to see if the ZF1s were the best for your feet. You do realize that many companies make a size 5 woman's boot? And that ALL those boots vary in shape, size, and fitment?

Quote:
I know how boots are suppose to fit. The boots hurt and made my feet cold. I had to adjust my bindings for the Nikes. They were slimmer. I think this is why I hate them. The other boots I have owned were much chunkier which I am thinking gave my feet more support and insulation.
Clearly you do not know how boots are supposed to fit, otherwise you would've avoided Nikes and gone with another, better fitting boot.

Go into your local shop and get fitted for a proper pair of boots.