Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin or Michigan?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gdog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
You 'mericans can pretty much fly for free. Get your ass out west for 99 return...lol. Us Canucks never seem to get a deal.
No, we don't get to fly for free or low prices. It would be cheaper than a plane ticket for me to just drive out west, which would take about 24 hours but I've done it before and it wasn't bad.
Like I said, I may be taking this trip because it is FREE.
And, like you, I am British (your username seems to give that away pretty easily! Unless I am just mistaken and "Canucks" actually means Canadians) I have been living in America for 6 years now and actually do go out West for off-trail powder. That is what I call snowboarding, not some small, indoor dry slope that they had back when I was in the UK. Do you snowboard at those?
If you do then, err, no offense or anything but I've seen quite a few other British people on here who claim they are "real" snowboarders but don't actually seem to know much about it. They commonly ask about ordering REALLY EXPENSIVE gear from the US just so they can show it off at their... little indoor dry slope?
Anyway thanks for the advise, I guess.