Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board: Rome Artifact, Arbor Draft, or Echelon Rounds?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Yeah, I got boots, board, and bindings for $210. The fact that I got that great of a deal was all I needed, at the time I didn't even know stiffness made a difference as extremely as it does. But yes, I heard that those Capita's ride real nice from some friends, but I know they have some durability issues.

Also, I looked into the forum contract, and the Forum Rat. I hear they both are bulletproof, and are good boards, but the contract is much stiffer than they advertise.
Forum is rad, such a good company, and the people who represent the brand in Tahoe are awesome people. Too bad they got the plugged pulled on them. End of an era. If you do decide to go for a Forum board, you may run into issues with the warranty program IF the board breaks on you.

I loved all the old Midlifes I had, and I'm even more pumped on the Stairmaster Extreme I'm on this year. What durability issues have you heard about them?

Both the Horrorscope and the Ultrafear are Capita's rockered, true twin park decks. Both utilize Capita's FK technology, which is their reverse camber profile. Flat, until the insert pack and then angle out towards the tips. The Horrorscope is a board that a lot of rail kids and park rats love, a softer deck very similar to the Rome Artifact, K2 WWW, Burton Hero, etc. The Ultrafear is essentially the same exact board, just with added tech such as carbon in the deck to make it stiffer and beefier edges. It's geared for a more advanced rider, both in and out of the park, stiffer than the Horrorscope. The ride is actually very similar to Capita's Indoor Survival board.
I had an Ultrafear, and didn't like it. It washed out when I was spinning off of rails and jumps. Keep in mind that I am a camber kid, and found this problem with most reverse camber boards I ride. Both are killer decks, especially for the money, and lots of kids have been buying them.

The Stairmaster and the SMX are basically the same thing as the Horrorscope/Ultrafear, except they are cambered options.
I'm riding the SMX 152 this year, and love it. It may have stolen the place in my heart that the Midlife had. Really poppy, but still flexible enough to press.

Last edited by Alkasquawlik; 11-19-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote