Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board - Intermediate rider
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Texas Boarder

Default New Board - Intermediate rider

Hey guys. I'm looking for help choosing a board. I've only ever ridden rentals, so I'm a little lost in actually choosing one for myself.

I'm 6 feet tall and about 155lbs. I'm not a speed demon, I would really rather have control over speed any day. I'd like to narrow it down by adding that I'm a camber lover with longboards, and would like to keep it that way with snowboards, as I've liked camber boards over anything else in my experience with snowboards. I looked at the Burton Custom X, but it seems to be semi-directional, and I don't know if I want that or not, but I haven't noticed much difference between twins and semi-directional boards. I've never done anything in parks, but I would like to get there some day.

Sorry for the wall of information, just wanted to help you all however I can, seeing as you guys are going to help me.

Thanks!

EDIT: I can't afford to get a new board often, so I wouldn't mind getting a fairly nice board to begin with. I can always learn on a pricey board, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Texas Boarder; 11-19-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: More info
Texas Boarder is offline   Reply With Quote