Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #223 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGoldwin View Post
I think it's the other way around. Flux is lighter then Flow.
And try a 540 with a snowball stuck on the tip of the board. Maybe you experience a crash to the ground. Or why not put marble as top cover of your board
Sorry, you are right... I flipped them (I did mean the DMCC lights are lighter). Fixing the post now.

It's at the binding, not the tip of your board. I've done 540s and I've totally had a bunch of snow frozen jammed under my boot before (frozen Sierra cement) that I was too lazy to chip out. Admittedly my 540s are very ugly and sometimes I "crash to the ground" in perfect conditions. Have you noticed swing weigh issues when you do your 540s?

I find that how clean my takeoff is way more important than what board/binding setup I'm riding with - either I got a good stable platform and I popped off the lip and started my spin at the correct time (just as I leave the lip)... or I get anxious and pre-carve and/or pre-rotate, come off funky/jerky and then I have to ballerina whip the last bit of the rotation around.

Once I rode a pair of first generation Catek Freerides. Which weight about 4 lbs. Needless to say, I found those to be a bit stiff and heavy... here is a really old video of me riding them on a rainbox rail and doing a boardslide (if you really really look carefully at the end).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-19-2012 at 04:19 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote