Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - WTF - Midwest Season Pass Prices
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
rgunzalez

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
I have nothing to offer to the discussion nor any reason to complain but I beg the question.....

WTF...why did you move?
I'm a Chicagoan who took a contract gig in Seattle for 9 months which was easy to do as I stayed with my in-laws who live there.

I developed a crack-head like addiction to snowboarding after trying it and it's practically a new reason to live. Anytime I was not at work, I was at the mountain racking up more time on a board in one season than many people have in their entire lives, eventually becoming comfortable with double-blacks and back country terrain.

I dragged on snowboarding as long as I possibly could, but after Crystal closed (the final resort open into the Summer months), I came back to Chicago where my condo is. I still work for the company in Seattle and watch the snowfall like a nutcase every day, I will be visiting soon for sure. WA in the Winter is like Heaven on Earth for me now.

My goal now is to buy a place in WA, preferably around Snoqualmie or Crystal, to stay during the Winters, but I can still crash at the in-laws anytime. For all other seasons I still prefer Chicago.

Last edited by rgunzalez; 11-19-2012 at 05:35 PM.
rgunzalez is offline   Reply With Quote