Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Sherlock 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Alkasquawlik;541142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Urethane ladders are a very user functional feature smart guy. They dont get brittle and snap. So nice try.
[/quote}

I have never, ever broken a ladder in 12 years of riding. It seems like urethane ladders are fixing a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.
Granted, I ride in CA where it doesn't get cold, so I can't speak firsthand on how equipment reacts in colder environments, but using tech like this as a selling point to intermediate riders in CA and the Mid-West is a moot point.

"undivided"
Considering you only quoted me, I feel it was a completely fair assumption on my part.
But I should command your full attention regardless, because I'm fucking awesome.

I think it's rad that you're helping out people on SBF.
The only issue I have is that you seem so caught up in the "technical" side of snowboarding.
"This board is too stiff, you can't ride it in conditions x and y, only in conditions z"
"These bindings don't offer me the same exact of longitudalwhogivesafuck response as these other ones."

People see your comments about certain product, and based off your reputation and post count, take your advice as fact, when in reality it's all subjective, personal preferences on a lot of snowboard gear.

I saw you comment on one of my Horrorscope recommendations to another poster, who was a second year snowboarder in the Midwest. I recommended the Horrorscope, only to have you chime in that "O, this kid on my couch broke 4 in one year."

A. How long was the kid sleeping on your couch to be able to break 4 decks in a year?
B. The type of riding that your friend did, is most likely going to be significantly different (read, more abusive/damaging to a board) than a beginner rider in the Mid-West. Learn to help out the individual customer instead of proclaiming your C3 hate everywhere.
C. If I broke 2-3 boards in the same year, regardless of company, you sure as shit won't see me on that product anymore.

No, I try not to ride K2 product.
But I never made a comment about the board itself, I just made a remark after you claimed the Happy Hour "wasn't an everyday board". Maybe for you it isn't, but for all the people I know who rode them last year, all the pros who ride them, and all the kids I know who picked one up this year as their main decks, who are you to tell me/them that the HH isn't an everyday board, because "the tips are too stiff". Grow up, get some muscle, and learn how to flex a snowboard.

Anyway, I'm over this. I'm gonna go to the bar and watch Kaepernick and the Niners spank Chicago in 30 minutes.
Enjoy riding at Breck this year, maybe I'll see you there.
WTF, I thought that smith would play. This should be damn interesting. Knapper nick was very good last week.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote