Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Park setup suggestions.

5K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Nivek 
#1 ·
So, I've been boarding for about 8 years now and I've been pretty casual. This season I've been more and more interested in getting into the park. Having said that, my current setup is definitely not suitable for the park. I am 5'10" and weigh about 135-140. Any board/binding suggestions? Thanks.

#5 ·
I am also moving towards the Park. Mostly for jumps and boxes - no rails for me. And even more ground tricks such as buttering.

My selection ended up with Salomon Drift Rocker 148 with Salomon Rhythm. I chose a much shorter board for the park - just to make it easy to turn and spinn.

I'm built similar to you.

But, I havn't tried it yet. First run next weekend.

#7 ·
The Youngblood is a sick board. The only issue with it would be Forum's going out of business at the end of this year, so you may have issues with the warranty process IF the board ended up breaking on you.

With that said, check out the Horrorscope/Ultrafear and Stairmaster/Stairmaster Extremes from Capita. All those boards are great for park, and your personal preferences will narrow your search down from those four decks to one or two.

#10 ·
Just found an article on it, so basically, Burton's "Program Brands" (Forum, Four Square and Special Blend) are all dead. BUT, Burton will be providing "Current winter 2013 product will be supported over the next year, via warranty, dealer, marketing and inventory support." Link to article is at end of post if anyones interested.

Sad days, actually like Forum as a brand :(

Burton Realigns Its Family Of Brands For Long-Term Success - News and Features - Mountainwatch

#11 ·
Final Choices.

Okay well after doing some intense research I think I've narrowed my choices to about 5.

1. Forum Youngblood Doubledog with Rome 390's
2. Lib Tech Skate Banana with the 390's as well
3. YES Jackpot with Flux sf45's or rk30's (still unsure which one to pick).
4. Forum Destroyer Doubledog with either one of those bindings mentioned above.
5. Burton Custom Flying V With Burton EST cartels. (The last two are available in my local shop.)

#21 ·
My final decision for sure.

So after doing endless research of the recommended boards & bindings on here as well as the stuff recommended at my local shops, I've decided to go with the Yes Jackpot board with Switchback (black) Bindings. Thanks for the recommendations all! :)

#22 ·
So after doing endless research of the recommended boards & bindings on here as well as the stuff recommended at my local shops, I've decided to go with the Yes Jackpot board with Switchback (black) Bindings. Thanks for the recommendations all! :)
Switchback is this years trendy stuff. A couple of my friends got them - mixed colors in red, black and orange. Great bindings according to my friends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.