Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Billy goat.

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  blunted_nose 
#1 ·
Hey, got my first day on it 2 weeks ago and i must say it might not be the board i was looking for. its hella of a board, stiff, responsive and really not that buttery. No wonder it was made for banked slalom. The pow float wasn't that great even with setback and i didnt like it that much. I wanted something that can charge but not this hard... I might looking into B process or something. Or might just but a 2007 Jussi pro model :p
K2 boot were amazing tho so that's good.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear the Goat is not working out. Certainly has the best graphics out there. Assuming your 18 or over, we should meet up at Sunshine this weekend at Trappers Bar. I will be heading out there with TorpedoVegas either Sat or Sunday. We are in there at 11am sharp. Cheers!

#5 ·
I would love to but im working saturday and sunday for the near future, :(, but im heading there this upcoming monday. I might get that odd saturday off but i wouldnt count it. Anyways it is an alright board but magne is so responsive and it holds an edge way to much, its hella stiff and i wasnt having that much fun. Im looking into bataleon evil twin but im wondering if 157 is enough for my size.

P.S. i usually dont drink when i snowboard cuz i would kill myself but ill deff chill with you guys if your there and eat some fries :)

#7 ·
Ah, blunted nose is back...

Look we told you before that the Billy Goat was too much board for you and not the right choice for the riding that you were looking to do. But you did not listen.
Why would anybody want a Billy Goat to butter!?
The pow riding issue is clearly a rider ability problem, not a deficiency of the board.

#10 ·
Alright, im pretty big so its a 162. Ill let it go for a Bataleon evil twin. Riding pow was kind of iffy because i watch all these vids of pow boards and super sick pow but i never actually rode deep pow. Its way better then a 152 cambered board i used to ride, like you dont have to lean back for it to float. Im over-exaggerating about the float... It was a big board to work with though. i was wasted by the time we went back home. And i am from Slovenija which is like Russia...
Ill sell it if you buy me a bataleon evil twin.... Or 350. The core shot was fixed but it wasn't really a core shot because it didnt go to the wood, just deep gauge.

#13 ·
Thing is about an expert/aggressive level board is that you got to ride it hard or it will take you for a ride....obviously you got taken for said ride. I concur with Snowolf and keep it, keep riding it and it will force you to become a better rider...and once you become more aggressive it will be a fun board and in a way a more efficient board...meaning responsive...but you will need to be mentally on-point...cause if you are mentally checked out will buck you right off and punish you for your inattentiveness. Anyway ime with a highend board. That being said, I have yet to ride my goat 159 split but may take it up on this Wed to check how it runs on opening day groomers.

#15 · (Edited)
Both are aggressive charger boards, but the two major differences (other than construction) are:
  1. Goat is a much narrower board than the mid-wide T. Rice. As a result turn initiation and edge-to-edge is much quicker.
  2. Goat has slight setback which might make it slightly more stable at speed (it also helps with float in powder, but compared to the T. Rice that is partially offset by the reduced surface area).

Magnetraction is also more mellow on the Goat.

#18 ·
I have a 162 goat, and it made me a better rider. Allowed me to surf the pow, ride the trees, and hit the steeps with confidence. Got it mid year last year, my first year ever on a mountain

. Your much bigger than me and I don't find it hard to handle at all. Quite the opposite actually.

If it doesn't fit your riding style it ain't the board for you...... But maybe give it another chance as a guy your size should not be worn out from riding the 162 BG all day. something's not right.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.