Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TRice vs Cobra vs Custom vs... Been out of the game for a while
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
DirtyD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Custom X definitely has much more tech at not much of a premium (although the effective price difference is a bit more in my experience, as there tend to be bigger discounts on the standard Custom).
However, for the vast majority of riders the Custom is a much better board. The X is just too stiff and too much board for most riding - most riders do not benefit from the extra charging ability of the X but will miss the playfulness and forgiveness of the standard Custom.
Exactly the way I described it. I stated the X was a stiffer board better for higher speed, stability and carving, not buttering. He did not mention that he want a buttery playful board. He said his riding is mostly steep chutes, trees and all mountain. Me personally I totally agree with you on your statement. I like a board that has some butterability, (yea that's a word, lol). I typically like a dead center, middle of the road feel rating. I feel that's stable enough to bomb runs yet flexible enough to play around, but that's my style of riding not his.

My rides
2012 NS Legacy 163.
2013 NS Brothers in Arms Cobra 163.
DirtyD27 is offline   Reply With Quote