Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advanced female - what board?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Noreaster

Aside from Rome I've tried all of these, rode B-Pro pretty much for the past two years and NS Infinity last season (getting my own this week, yay). Still, I feel - and this is my highly subjective opinion - that for an advanced, well rounded all-mountain East Coast rider B-Pro combines the most advantages and is really the best deck for the money. Mind you, this is not a beginner's board and I've seen plenty of new riders having trouble controlling it. However, its edge really lends itself to increased stability. I've caught myself many times over last year charging seriously icy runs on which I'd normally have more caution if I was riding anything else. The board is that stable. It is a little wider too and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with small feet, although I'm size 6.5 and the width wasn't really a deal breaker for me. The reviews state that the width adds to stability... I don't particularly disagree, it feels that the serrated edge works better with a shallower sidecut because it allows for a better snow contact.

B-Pro is marginally lighter than others. It has a nice pop, not as damp as NS decks (again, not a deal breaker), more playful than NS. I felt like the playfulness factor was a bit negated by that super-stable serrated edge as compared to NS in general. I also found that the edge didn't help me in the park. I felt I had to put a little more energy into initiating rotations, on the other hand it held landings better. I also like the idea of sustainability behind the company's products. Definitely a plus in my book.

As to the graphics... don't mind me there. I've long since stopped caring for what the board looks like but for some reason this particular disaster is just triggering my gag reflex every time I see it (and yes, I believe that the sorry ass who designed it needs to be taken out back and shot). But that's just me.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote