Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Board Help. Custom or other?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

The salesguy at my local shop is very supportive of the burton antler, he says that it is the former X8 as I recall. He also says that it's similar to the sherlock but with a flatter profile, ie less rocker in the middle, so it has a little more edge hold than the Sherlock and Custom Flying V, and it's not as squirrely on the flats (which is the bane of the sherlock in my opinion). He didn't describe the antler to me as a park board.

I have two burton boards, one cambered and on flying V and the flying V is super fun as long as the snow's a little soft, ie not icy hardpack. If you'll only have one board and you ride a lot in icy conditions i'd stick with camber in the burton line or look for someone else's edge tech, flying V is only ok on ice. For me I like the two board solution to this.

I will definitely be looking to try the Antler out when there is a demo day, hopefully they have one there.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote