Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin or Michigan?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
Hey! You're from MI, right? I recognize some of the places in your signature. Pine Knob was where I learned to snowboard back in 2007-2008, when I lived in MI after moving to the US from the UK.I didn't like their patch program...literally took me 5 attempts on the 2nd lesson to get my freakin brown patch!
I've also been to Mount Holly.
The best place I've been to in MI is Bittersweet. It's a completely natural hill, bigger than Knob and Holly, and gets a crap load of lake effect snow from Lake Michigan. That place is awesome, bar far my favorite local place to snowboard at the weekends! You should go there some time!
The west side of the state, around Bittersweet gets a ton of lake effect, lucky bastards. You'll be happy to know that Boyne benefits from the lake effect snow too.

Usually I head up north for the weekends and the small places like PK or Holly on weekdays but I'll have to check out Bittersweet, it's about 90 mins from me.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote