Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cartel screws not fitting my YES. . .
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
chris888

Default Cartel screws not fitting my YES. . .

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here, so forgive me for the newbie-ness. By the way, thanks for all the great advice on this forum!

Right, so here is my issue. I got an awesome deal on some Burton Restricted Cartels a couple months ago and bought them before purchasing a new board. I have since purchased a Yes Greats (demo'ed one last year and loved it) and decided last night to put the bindings on. Now here's the thing: I put them on but noticed the screws were way too tight, as in it seems as though the board is not meant for the screw size at all (yes these are the restricted cartels with the 4x4 base plate). Anyways, needless to say, I don't think I have ruined the board or anything, but I took the bindings off and am now feeling slightly depressed looking at some minor stripping that I did to a couple of the board's screw holes in the process. By the way, I also have a K2 Ultra Dream. I very (very) gingerly tried putting one of the screws into this board as well and it didn't fit either.

So what gives? Have any of you had issues bolting cartels to non-Burton boards, in particular on a YES (and also a K2 for that matter)? I'll be taking the package over to a snowboard shop today, where they will hopefully feel sorry for me and solve my woes.

Anyways, thanks for the replies in advance. Make fun of me at your leisure.

~ Chris
chris888 is offline   Reply With Quote