Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ankle injury....riding with brace
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tech420
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyD27 View Post
So, I had to step back a moment and re focus. You mentioned initially that you tweaked it pretty good a few weeks ago and that its still fairly sore. How did this happen?
Which direction did your foot roll?
Was there initial swelling and bruising and the time of injury?
Did you feel or hear a pop?
Where you able to walk on it at the time of injury?
What methods have you already used to try and make it better, and what was the outcome of said methods?
Have you had any sort of medical attention for this problem?
You also mentioned that you have had ankle problems in the past. Please if you don't mind sharing the information in this format describe type of injury and how often it has occurred.
If you do not wish to disclose this type of personal health information in this format I understand and wold suggest you seek out a local physical therapist.
My ankle injuries have happened as a result of being so active in sports during my youth(I feel old at 23 with all my injuries). I would roll an ankle running the bases and such. I have had prescription ankle braces a few times, but nothing has felt like it currently does. Both of my ankles tend to crack/pop a little bit with full extension, but that is not out of the ordinary. I have been dealing with it for almost a month now and can't remember exactly how I did it. No swelling or bruising when it happened and I ice it when it is real sore. Walking and biking don't seem to effect it too much, but snowboard and full extension in either direction cause me a good amount of discomfort and pain. It is a very odd injury for me as it is more-so in the front of my ankle (if you understand what I'm even talking about). The pain seems to be any time the snowboard hangs....like on a chairlift or jumps. I really appreciate all the help you're giving me.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote