Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advanced female - what board?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Noreaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhale View Post
Would your opinion change if I said I would probably be spending more days in Utah or Vermont than Blue or Tremblant for the next few years at least? I'm not particularly close to those 2 hills, so if I head up to Blue it would only be for a day or two. Although of course I wouldn't want to be wiping out every time I hit ice or bumps on my fancy-schmancy powder board Would the wider waist width inhibit shorter-radius turns at all (like going edge to edge - such as in the trees or moguls)? I agree with you on the graphics - I look a lot younger than I actually am, and I feel like the bpro definitely looks more like a board a little girl would have. I get asked what grade I am in more than enough already. Thanks for the long response too!
Yes, if you were to spend more time riding out West than here on the East Coast I wouldn't hesitate recommending NS over B-Pro. I think beyond a shadow of a doubt that NS can handle softer groomers and powder conditions better. Let me put it this way: provided you were to ride our icy crappy East Coast conditions B-Pro wouldn't revolutionize your riding, but you'd be really glad you had it 2/3 of your time spent on a mountain. In abundant fine powder of the Rockies that serrated edge is just not needed most of the time. Sure, there're icy conditions out there too but an advanced rider such as yourself should be able to handle them with just a good deck and a sharp edge.

About that agility... well, yes I do feel that the stability gained with Magne-Traction edge and wider waist actually takes away the playfulness. You will find that it is harder to make quick sharp turns. At least until you get used to the board. I ride moguls a lot, I also ride trees a lot - the B-Pro is definitely more of a workout there. Basically, B-Pro is kind of a board that needs some getting used to, but once you do it is a fun, stable and poppy board.

If you're going with any other board than GNU go with NS. In my opinion NS is superior to Arbor and Rome, They're incredibly damp and if you ride trees you'll be glad for that indestructible sidewall (I split my Jones 2 years ago running into a tree, and those are notoriously hard to break). And if you decide to go with NS go with Lotus, not Infinity. Unless you plan to spend some considerable time in the park. I just got my Infinity but I was shooting for a softer, more pliable all-mountain board that I can take to the park.

So, there.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote