Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - protective clothing
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
leaning towards demon d30 pants and top... $212 for both, pretty good price I think?
I have the Demon Flex Force X D30 top and I think it is excellent. I had the regular Demon Flex Force top before that and liked that as well. Before that I had a pair of Skeletools vest, which give superior shoulder/rib protection (all the pads are removable to customize what you want to protect). I don't like the hard turtle-shell armors (like SixSixOne). My friend has a Dainese top, but I didn't like it that much.

I haven't tried the pants, but based on my experiences with the top, I think it will be high quality as well. I have gone through a LOT of variations of protective pants over the 15 or so years I've been riding. Originally I had a pair of Crashpad shorts (padding wasn't the best), RED shorts (returned those almost immediately), then Skeletools shorts (ultimate protection, a tiny bit restrictive... I remove the thigh pants), then I had a lighter Dainese Pro hard tailbone short, was good, but the padding was thin and the tailbone protector drifted, finally I settled on the Azzpadz. Still has excellent tailbone protection, but with a very slim profile and much less restrictive. The drawback is there no hip protection for rails/boxes. I ended up sewing on two pieces of d30 so it look more like the Demon protective belt which looks like a kilt with three pads to protect your tailbone, and two hips.

On powder days, I wear just a pair of Session long underwear d3O pads built into them. WARNING... last year's Sessions pants (the one I just linked two) were completely cut wrong so the pants are SUPER SUPER long (you can even see it in the product photo how disproportionate they are). BTW, the one they had before (the material looks more textured) that are the correct size.

I'm 5'9", 150 lbs with 30 inseam and the knee pads on the Mediums were at my shins (about 6 inches too low). I got a pair of Xtra Small and they are a very baggy fit and the knee pads are 1-2 inches low. They were 75% off, so I bought two and cannibalized one to add hip pads to my Azzpadz.

Good luck.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-20-2012 at 04:15 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote