Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advanced female - what board?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Noreaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhale View Post
Is the lotus bad with ice/crud, or just not as good as the bpro because it doesn't have the magne-traction? I was thinking the damping of the lotus might actually be useful somewhere like Tremblant when you get those big chunks and lots of chatter, although I can see how the bpro might be better with the chunks as well.
Heh. Well, NS is a damper board in general but its not like you'll be riding on a cloud. It dampens vibration more, you'll still feel it though. No board will save from large icy chunks; you hit them, grind your teeth and keep your balance to the best of your ability, no magic bullet there.

Someone here mentioned that choosing snowboard is in essence going for stability vs. agility. I disagree. You can't extract all potential agility from the board if you don't feel stable enough on it. All boards have pros and cons, in the end we go for the deck that combines the most amount of favorable features for our specific goals. That's all there is to it.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote