Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Magne-Traction bevel angles

16K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  hktrdr 
#1 ·
What’s a good bevel angles (base and edge) for a Lib Tech Skate Banana with Magne-Traction? I’m a strong intermediate rider and ride in all conditions from deep powder to hardpack. Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I’m actually replacing an old banana that I rode for last 3 seasons and I absolutely love it. Getting used to it was a bitch, but after few days I was starting to see advantages of reverse camber. Magne-traction really works well on hardpack and ice. I didn’t realize that banana came with beveled edges, will need to keep this in mind when next time I tune it. Thanks again for the info.:cool:

#10 ·
You might want to double-check that with them, as it is inconsistent with what Mervin (and others) have told me. For instance, I am pretty sure the T. Rice has different stock bevels (in fact, I believe the bevel for T. Rice varies along the length of the edge).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.