Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin or Michigan?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Gdog42

Here's my review of Timber Ridge:
Pretty good. If you're a park dude, this is the best place out of Bittersweet, and err... Swiss Valley.
There are 2 parks. One is smaller and more for beginners to intermediate, and has a wide variety of features including a few 3ft kickers which are fun; and basic jibs all in different shapes, sizes and difficulty levels.
The other park is bigger and has more advanced features including a variety of jibs and several medium kickers (which I saw people back flipping off). Both parks have rope tows. This is good because you instantly get back up and get fast laps. Make sure you have a pair of gloves with a leather palm or something that won't wear or rip on the ropes if you go.
When we went on a Saturday, the parks were not as crowded as they were at the other places, especially in the beginner park.
The main slopes are not as long or as good as Bittersweet, and were a little icier when we went.
The food prices are expensive, but not as bad as Swiss Valley.
I didn't spent much time in the shop, but I know they at least sell decent brands such as K2 and Dakine.
I remember the lift tickets costing the same as at Bittersweet and Swiss Valley(that place where you get yelled at for strapping in on the lift, which I do sometimes...)
Overall, Bittersweet is much better for all mountain, but if park is your thing then definitely check this place out! You'll have fun in the park there, that's for sure!