Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board sizing question all input is appreciated
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libtech1990 View Post
5'9
165 (before thanksgiving)

Current board: 154 2011 skate banana (for sale )
Park oriented riding. jumps/rails not jibbing though
Ohio riding (trust me i know how lucky i am for the mountains we have here ) and venture out to ny and pa frequently

Have my picks narrowed down to a Ride DH and Buckwild... still debating between the two. Dilema is that ride boards come in 153, 155... not 54 so i have to decide between a 155 and 153. This has been drivng me nuts.

Am i looking at any real difference between the 55 and 53 as in pop/control/flex?? Sorry if this seems vague, If you need more info I'll try to specify.
Like i said thanks again!
I'm 5'9" 145-150 lbs. I personally would go with the 155 (that's about what I ride at 145-150 lbs) because I find the longer length is better for bigger jumps while not really affecting my mediocre rail riding skills. (I had a 150 cm board as well and the shorter length didn't really improve my rail skills).

However, because you are riding in Ohio (no powder, or big mountains) and are park oriented... I think the 153 is fine. There will be no real difference in pop between the sizes. The 155 will be a little bit stiffer flex and give you more control at high speeds. The 153 will be a little bit easier to flex at slow speeds for small jumps (under 30 ft gap) and rails. Realize the difference is 2 cm or less than an inch, less than 2% difference.

Anyway that's my opinion... check out the videos of me riding a 155 cm at 145-155 lbs and decide for yourself.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote