Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth getting Burton bindings...
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
MeanJoe

I have always used Burton bindings and I've been riding for over 20 years. As such, I really can't give you a good comparison of them against another company's product. For me, as with most things in this industry, there is some truth to "you get what you pay for"*. For many years, I used Burton Customs and thought they were great bindings at a low price point. After upgrading to better (and more expensive) Burton bindings I find the Customs to be really lacking and would not go back to them again. Personally I have CO2's and Prophecy Burton bindings on my two primary boards and love them both although they are very different bindings. Bindings like the Cartels and Malavitas have been around far to long to just be hype, they are also great bindings.

I cannot tell you if they are better than Rome, Flow, Union, etc., etc. Perhaps others who have used equivalent bindings from both Burton and these others can give you a better comparison.

* That is not to say that everything with a higher price point equals better.
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote