Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin or Michigan?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
I said I get to stay at one of these two choices for FREE! Heck I'd love to go out west, but if I can stay at Boyne and only pay for the lift tickets, I might as well take advantage of it.
Looks like I came to this discussion a little late. I've been to Boyne somewhere around 7-10 times in the 1 1/4 years I've been snowboarding. Got seriously addicted after my 1st lesson, and Boyne is the Best hill around that doesn't require 8-14 hours driving for me)

You didn't mention where they were going to be putting you up for your lodging. The Grand Mountain Lodge is the choice place of the two or three "hotel" options @ Boyne to stay. It's the only place I've stayed at when I stay @ Boyne. Real nice rooms. (if money's tight,.. I'll stay out in town. It's cheaper, but I never make 1st chair when I do! ) I've heard that the "Clock Tower" & some others on site are less than premium,.. but hell if it was free? I'd stay there.

Boyne Mnt. has a fair assortment of runs and DaveZ was correct, your lift tickets @ Boyne are good at Highlands as well. (I've been to highlands twice & personally, I think I like the trails @ highlands a bit more than @ Boyne.)

Boyne has a couple of popular bars on the property,.. (not really my thing, but hey, that's where the wimmin's is!!) They have Live music on the weekends. The food choices are decent if expensive.

If you decide to take the 40-50 min. drive north to Highlands,.. You also have the choice of going across the street to Nub's Nob. Another decent (by MI standards anyway,) hill. They all offer night riding, so if you can manage it physically, you can get 11-12 hours of boarding a day! 9 am. -9:30 pm.

So,.. If you choose to take your free trip to MI. You will have many more options & choices than you would if you go to that "dinky" sounding, other place you mentioned! ...but as has been said already, don't expect too much. MI. ain't the Rockies!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 11-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote