Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best locations to learn?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
smat

Default Thanks!

gjsnowboarder: Thanks for replying! You hit the nail on the head - it's the first problem. Actually, I am great with managing my heel edge. It is going from heel-to-toe to begin the process of turning is where I am stuck. I am pretty bad with my toe edge (when I am looking up at the hill while trying to go down backwards with my board horizontal to the direction of the run). With the heel edge, I fall on my bum which isn't so bad and thus I have gotten good at it. With my toe edge though, I tend to fall on my face which isn't fun lol

I think I should maybe get an instructor for an hour or so.

PS - I tried to follow this excellent blog by this couple from Colorado (your hood!) - Free Learn to Snowboard Videos | SnowProfessor - but everytime I tried to practice things at the bunny hill on Seymour, the run ended before I even did a part of what the video teaches. I'll try SnoWolf's videos as well.

unxetas and jello24: Thanks for the insight! Both runs seem to offer what I need... during weekdays anyway. I'll hopefully be able to manage school next term to have a day or two off in the middle of the week.

Thanks again everyone! Any suggestions for instructors and location? If you have anything else to add, I'm all ears!
smat is offline   Reply With Quote