Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin or Michigan?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
@chomps1211
Yep, I'm going to Boyne! Isn't the Highlands pretty much a terrain park place? That's how their website made it look last time I checked.
I think Highlands has "more" in the way of park than Boyne does. DaveZ & Sabatoa would know more about the terrain park features at Boyne, but no,.. Highlands isn't ALL park. Last year they had some sort of pipe feature, but they are mostly regular green / blue / black runs. (...at this point in my riding I wouldn't have any reason to go to Highlands if they were a "park" resort!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
...Also, do you know if there are any off-trail areas at any of the 3 hills you mentioned? That's usually where I like to ride wherever I go, both locally and when out West.
Thanks.
I have only been riding less than 1 1/2 seasons so I don't have the skills to venture much into gladed areas myself, so that wasn't anything I looked into too much.

Having said that, I don't really know how much of that is available @ Boyne, I know they have it, but I just haven't any idea if it's set aside for that purpose or if folks there just head into the trees between the runs or whatnot! I know Highlands does have some glade runs. But again, I can't speak to how good or extensive they are. Nub's Nob has a much more extensive glades area. It's been thinned & maintained for that purpose, but early in the season,..? I don't know. I't may not have enough snow to be open. I do know that area is closed to night riding. So if you want to check it out,.. go early in the day. If you don't like it, you can always cross the street to Highlands & ride till 9!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 11-20-2012 at 09:16 PM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote