Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin or Michigan?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Gdog42

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Having said that, I don't really know how much of that is available @ Boyne, I know they have it, but I just haven't any idea if it's set aside for that purpose or if folks there just head into the trees between the runs or whatnot! I know Highlands does have some glade runs. But again, I can't speak to how good or extensive they are. Nub's Nob has a much more extensive glades area. It's been thinned & maintained for that purpose, but early in the season,..? I don't know. I't may not have enough snow to be open. I do know that area is closed to night riding. So if you want to check it out,.. go early in the day. If you don't like it, you can always cross the street to Highlands & ride till 9!
OK, thanks! The kind of off-trail I like is when it's not been set aside for that purpose. I like to go out of the way if I can at resorts where the snow has not been touched or altered, which is where it usually piles up. If it's not frozen, it's pretty decent powder! But you are right about early season-that kind of stuff is usually much better in about min-January, except for last December at Bittersweet once.
Even though you've not yet been doing that sort of terrain, that helped a lot. I'll check out Nub's Nob!