Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest/best places to buy everything
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Ive gone snowboarding once and used my friends snowboarding gear, this year i plan to buy my own. What i need are a jacket, snowpants, boots, and maybe a snowboard considering that it'll be cheaper in the long run. Anything i should look for when buying? Websites that are good to check out?
Find local resources to invest in(shop), get your knowledge from places like this website, if you cannot purchase local, try to purchase direct, then you can actually support the brand you are supposedly supporting through your purchase.

REI lifetime membership is also worthwhile IMO, one time 20 bucks. For like a thousand reasons don't really care if there are haters I don't rep them or anything.

outdoor brands I like:

anything made out of merino wool, you need because its not only vastly superior to everything, but is also fragile and if u use it alot will wear out (baclava, scarf, baselayers, socks, buff, name it wear it).

Smartwool, PhD socks in particular, every style
Volcom
Electric
REI
Patagonia
Keen
Remind
Burton love/hate
K2 love/hate
Never Summer
Gore Tex anything

recognize the unvalue walmartiness of certain and many online retailers. If going into Walmart and getting the best deal is your bottom line then fine. Wiredsport takes a great effort to contribute to this website, and there are a couple other examples where your money is put into the industry instead of bottom lining it.

GL, and remember, shop smart, shop S-mart.

Last edited by snowklinger; 11-20-2012 at 10:12 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote