Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advanced female - what board?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhale View Post

Sorry, it was the lotus you demoed? You were sounding really positive about that board and then said you thought the lotus was a bit too damp so I'm just not sure if you are referring to the lotus in the preceding paragraph as well.

yeah, I demoed the Lotus, it's the board Im referring to in both segments you quoted.

I actually really, liked the Lotus a lot. I just liked the Envi the tiniest bit better. The Lotus is very very damp, and it's a great board. I don't think you'd go wrong with it. I would consider buying one for a powder board. It floated better then either the Envi or BPro did. I had issues with the BPro, couldn't get my bindings right. Was sinking a bit...I almost want to give it a do over hearing how many people DO like it. And the pink unicorns. I FUCKING LOVE UNICORNS.

My only complaint with the Lotus was it just felt a bit dead to ride in comparison to the Envi. I want to say it felt like it(envi) had more pop? But perhaps that's not the right way to say what I mean...There's another poster here who has an Envi and she described it perfectly. Somethign about the flex in between the bindings is better then on the Lotus? It's hard to explain but maybe it's more pronounced? For an example, when Im skating like when I get off the lift I don't put my back foot agasint the binding, I actually place it right in the middle of the board, right over what ever bendy bit that might be. Anyway, you can really feel it and it's super easy to control just when skating around. See? hard to explain but there was just something about the C2BTX that I liked better then the RC or whatever it is NS calls their board tech. I also really, REALLY liked the magne traction on it.

I am lucky that I can drive to resorts with a wide array of demos I guess! Good luck finding a board, in the end the gear is probably not nearly as much of an impact on our riding as we think it is...sigh!

Last edited by mixie; 11-21-2012 at 12:19 AM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote