Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lessons Complaints and Compliments
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Awesome! Thanks for all of the replies and responses!

First off, it seems like the biggest negative is just douche bag kids only teaching to log hours or get a free pass to ride, and neither of those are even in my realm of personality. First off, luckily I am not looking at this as my ticket to ride, I have had a season pass for this year since last year, so weather or not I am a coach I still am going to be riding, this is more a way to substitute some income by doing something I love, so if i do a shit job at it I would be failing myself. It is just not in me personally to be a lazy and useless slob texting on the lift while doing a job like this that I love so much. I want to help and see the clients progress as much as they do.

Scott, please continue to ramble ill be sure to literally take notes on your points and take them to the training days and figure out how to incorporate my new found insider knowledge to what they are teaching. My biggest priority will be learning fundamental teaching skills that work for different personality types, and also how to notice slight skill bad habits and how to show and give examples on how to fix. Being hands on and showing directly and doing instead of explaining in depth and using metaphors was a good point as well. The idea of having the fastest progressing people helping the slower ones is an awesome idea! Does it work for most age groups? Does it work better for some vs others?

thanks again everyone for the input! Now i just need some dam snow so my hill can open and I can get to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote