Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Mission Bindings, How tight can they get?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcove View Post
I had my bindings set up properly, been doing this since the mid 80's and wouldn't consider myself a novice. And yes my 9 yr old did indeed break 2 freestyle jr baseplates. Both happened in the same spot......the thin piece on the outside of the binding moulding where the toe strap is held in. The second time it happened the toe strap fell out and was lost.....which Burton refused to replace because only the base plate is life time warranty.....even though the whole reason it went missing was because of the poor quality baseplate. You wouldn't think this is a big deal but when you can't even purchase this part because any dealer you go to says Burton has not got back to them is pretty weak. I won't deny he is very hard on his equipment and rides a lot of park......he also snapped a Burton Chopper 121 the same year.....right along the side edge of the front baseplate.

Nivek

Yes I like my bindings snug and my last pair of Burtons slipped from the day I got them. Over the years I have not experienced ratchet slip with any other bindings including my older Burtons....imo their quality has declined and was stunned by their lack of customer service. This experience has made me open up my eyes to other manufacturers.
You mean your son riding park broke a kids board not meant for park? Nice. Why not get him a board meant for park riding like a Custom smalls.

I'd like to see the email you sent about the warranty. Typically an experience like that is preceded by an angry email blaming the brand for a shitty product. Which is not how to get stuff warrantied.

I think its actually kind of funny your basing your experience on a brand based on their kids equipment and one ratchet. Kids stuff isn't meant to take the abuse of the park to be honest. How many kids riding 121's are riding hard enough to break stuff, or even riding park at all? Very few. So why would they spend the extra money to beef up a board way past its needs?

Enjoy Union. I know I don't.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote