Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder board
Thread: Powder board
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
I went Sunday. about a foot of fresh in Kirkwood...short lived as they had only one run open, but good enough to have an idea of the board.

Forget leaning back. I was centered and floating. Hitting the flat spots where I would get stuck on the A-Frame on purpose... that thing keeps moving. The first 6 runs were decent pow...then it got all chopped up. Needless to say that shovel like nose trashes slush effortlessly. Edge hold was good later, but condition worsened, started to snain and wasn't that fun anymore. Bumpy moguled slush is not that fun to ride.

Cant wait to ride it on a DEEPER pow day... and feel my legs last longer. very easy to turn and stop, not really nimble edge to edge since its width, but really easy board to ride.
Awesome! Sounds like a great board... but I like that nimble feel in the trees and think I was right in passing up on the Hovercraft for my personal style of powder riding (I like to do a LOT of turns in the powder).

Last edited by lonerider; 11-21-2012 at 01:17 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote