Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Mission Bindings, How tight can they get?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
deepcove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
You mean your son riding park broke a kids board not meant for park? Nice. Why not get him a board meant for park riding like a Custom smalls.

I'd like to see the email you sent about the warranty. Typically an experience like that is preceded by an angry email blaming the brand for a shitty product. Which is not how to get stuff warrantied.

I think its actually kind of funny your basing your experience on a brand based on their kids equipment and one ratchet. Kids stuff isn't meant to take the abuse of the park to be honest. How many kids riding 121's are riding hard enough to break stuff, or even riding park at all? Very few. So why would they spend the extra money to beef up a board way past its needs?

And yes I am basing my opinion on my experience with current Burton products. I was a supporter for years.....I think I still have the photo from 91 with my Craig Kelly Air feeling like i owned the best product available for snowboarding ( cause I have torn the binding inserts out of my Burton Elite Performer) but from what I have experienced their quality is not what it used to be.

Enjoy Union. I know I don't.
I believe the smallest Burton Custom board is a 130? There is not a whole lot of options when you need a quality 120 or under size board. Most boards this size and under are super stiff to say the least. In fact when I was shopping for a 115 ( going from memory that this was the size, may have been 110) the Burton board we looked at only had one binding width option?? Thankfully there are companies like Capita, Lib & GNU who make a board this size designed for park abuse and have some flex and stance width options. My kid now owns 2 Capita Micorscopes and 3 Lib Ripper's.

As for how many kids this size and age are riding hard enough to break stuff....I would agree with you....not many. But you now have manufactureres who are producing product to withstand this type of abuse.

Was my email to Burton angry? It was firm and to the point. Certainly no where near what I have seen you post towards Union on this site.....cause as you said this is not how to get anywhere with a company. And Burton did respond with an appology and asked for my shipping address to fix my issues....never heard back or rec'd anything.

Lonrider

Yes that is exactly where the baseplates cracked.
deepcove is offline   Reply With Quote