Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 390 Boss vs Union Contact Pro
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #77 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpowder View Post
well it will be my first good setup, dont have so big knowledge about tech.. it all seems to be good for me you know, everything seems to be perfect. in my case its like riding a bike and then changing for maybach good to hear to every of those bindings will be good for me, but still dont know which should i take :P what would you suggest?

about flex i know a bit but still dont have any real comparison
OK cool, to be honest, any of these bindings will work for you, especially if you have no preconceived notions or preferences on flex or technology.

I ride the Union Atlas and I really love them. A solid, all mountain binding that is a little softer than the Union Force. It uses a different base plate and highback than the Force, but it's still responsive enough to ride all over the mountain. It's perfect for my kind of riding, I'm in Northstar's park for most of the day, but I still will ride fast and jump off shit at Squaw on these.
The Contact Pro is going to be softer than the Atlas, but still an all mountain binding. It was designed by Gigi Ruf, who kills it in the backcountry, so although it is a softer binding than the Atlas and Force, it will still take care of you all over the mountain. A little more flex from side to side, but the response when you lean straight back into the highback is there.

The one great thing I like about Union bindings is their simplicity. They are bomb proof, solid binding that have everything you need/want in a binding, and nothing you don't need.

I personally do not have any first hand experience on the Rome bindings, but I have heard really good things about the 390/390 Bosses. The 390 is going to be a solid, all mountain binding, similar to the Atlas. I think the Bosses have a canted footbed (correct me if I am wrong someone), so if you're not a fan of cants, stay away from them. I think the Targas are a little stiffer than the 390s, but I'm not too familiar with Rome product, so someone may have something else to say.

Like I said, you can't really go wrong with any of the bindings you've listed. Pick the one that you visually like the best, or the one that fits within your price range. Once you begin riding, and rising different types of egar, you'll be able to differentiate beween your preferences and whatnot, and zero in on the type of products you really like riding.