Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance Width for Women
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
boarderaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
This is a question for our long time female riders.

If you started riding as a young girl, your stance width was probably similar to that of boys of the same age. However, as you got older and your body did that "girl thing", did you make a significant change to your stance width if you "acquired" a wider set of hips as most females do?

Looking for advice as I set up all the boards in our family and our teenage daughter is now not the same "girl" that she was last season.
Haha.. Changes happen. YIPEE!
But really, adjust her stance as she feels the need to. Chances are her legs are also getting longer as well as the other female stuffs.

I started out at a fairly narrow stance, but this was also when I was riding boards much too short for my weight and it was the generic sports shop setting things up for me. It took about a season for me to dial my stance in, but it really hasn't changed by a notch or two in terms of binding angle since, and that has more to do with how much my knees are hurting that day.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote