Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need some nike boot help??
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
duh

I like the Nikes, they are a comfy boot that lasts longer than the average boot. I know quite a few very experienced riders who have put 100+ days on them with no issues. I tried to hate on them when they entered the industry, even gave Danny no end of shit when he signed with them. I stayed away from them until 2 seasons ago and finally got a pair of Kaijus to test, instant love. I held on to them after testing and have put many, many days on them since.

As far as them being an outside company trying to break into our industry: K2 and Ride are owned by a giant conglomerate with no action sports background, Vans is a boat shoe company owned by Vanity Fair, Thirty-Two is a skate shoe company, Salomon is a ski company, DC is a skate clothing company (droors) that is now owned by a surf clothing company... There are very few snowboard specific companies making boots, and those that are either make shit boots or hire people from companies like Nike to help develop the technology.

The truth is that Nike has a long history of making shoes and boots for a large base of applications. Nike is not afraid to throw money at product development. They had a rocky start with some horrible liners but instead of dying they completely revamped the entire liner, with great success. The best part of the whole Nike boot is that every other stagnant boot manufacturer has had to step up their game over the last few seasons to compete for customers.

I'm back in Vans for the most part this season and truly miss my Nikes.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote