Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cartel est Vs diode est vs non est for custom X
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Way to over generalize there! What are these marketing materials? Last time I checked the burton site it says the cartels are " a shade more powerful than the malavitas". The reps would be the one that Nivek spoke to? Or have you personally spoken to one? And the reviews......nivek again?

If you read my posts more carefully you would have seen that I'm not disagreeing that the cartel highback is not as stiff as the vitas, I'm saying that the 2013 cartels do not have less support than the 2012's. the vita baseplate is softer than the cartel one though.

I think nivek is just comparing the 2013 cartel and vita highbacks rather than 2012 to 2013 cartels
Here, I'll compare them all. 2012 Cartel is stiffer than 2012 Malavita. 2012 Malavita is the same as 2013 Malavita. Thereby the 2012 Cartel is stiffer than the 2013 Malavita. 2012 Cartel is stiffer than 2013 Cartel.

Same Glass content in the base between the Cartel and the Malavita. The trays are the same on the ReFlex, and the biggest difference between the EST's is the Hinge. Which does not make the binding less responsive.

2012 and 2013 Cartels have the same frame for both EST and Reflex. The strap is different for the standard, but the Restricted for 2012 and 2013 is the Asym.

Where then is the difference? The highback. Its softer torsionally. That matters. It makes the binding softer. 3% is a number you made up. No respectable engineer will claim that as a legitimate stat for something with low realistic manufacturing tolerances.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote