Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need some nike boot help??
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

I know who Jarden is. They made sleeping bags.

And you talk about "cashing in". When K2 Started they saw instantly that they had to run the snowboard side completely independent of the ski side. If you read the article I posted you know that Salomon Snowboards got its start with Brad Stewart, who also helped start Morrow. As I stated already, though they may be owned by Jaden now, Ride began as an independent snowboard brand. Skate shoe brands cashing in? If you're a snowboarder that doesn't skate you're missing something. And back when all these companies were popping up, they're pro's skated first. Why wouldn't they make the jump to snowboard boots.

I don't give a shit that Nike wants to get into the market. Did you not see my comment on Adidas? I welcome them. And I do so cause I trust them to make a great product. My problem with Nike is they aren't selling a good boot, they're selling swooshes. If they jumped in with a great boot that pushed the boot market I'd be all for it. But they aren't. I like the brand. I do my long runs in Free's and they make my favorite running shorts. They made some of the best hockey skates I ever owned. But they don't seem to have bothered to learn what makes a good snowboard boot.

As for boa, they've been easy to replace as long as I've ever had them. And this latest dial doesn't even need a tool.

I'm not necessarily knocking laces as a whole. I still have some laced boots and really like them, but the only difference between the Kaiju and Ites is the adjustable stiffness. Leave laces on the Kaiju and do a fast lace on the Ites. Part of a boots cost is lacing systems, being that Ites are traditional lace (which is cheap as shit to make) they should not be $400. You get all the same construction, except better built, and features minus the honestly superfluous adjustable stiffness from every other $400 boot but they're using some sort of more-expensive-to-manufacture fast lace system. Where then is the extra cost of the Ites or Kaijus?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote