Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Perks of a true twin?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
NJMurtagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi NJM,

True twin really (should) mean 3 things. Perfectly symetrical outline (from the true waist out to the tip and tail), Perfectly symetrical flex (from the true waist out to the tip and tail) and centerred inserts (no setback). A lot of boards that have twin in their description do not meet all of the above.

True twins can be majorly fun as play boards, park boards and general freestyle decks, but they do have limitations. boards with some setback and asymetrical flex are easier going for riding up over pow, crud etc. Sidecut shaping can be tweaked on directional decks to rip into hardpack better (with or without wavy edges).

Let us know a little more about the deck that you bought and we will be able to tell you more. There are still big differences between individual true twins.
Hey, thanks for the response, you've cleared things up a little. Like I said, I'm still learning but would like to get to the park so I wanted to have a board that would be good for that, without spending a whole lot.

Here is the description for my board:

The new SIMS Pristine is designed specifically for ladies and features a true twin tip freestyle board with a women's progressive side cut and SIMS EZ rocker flat for a responsive yet catch-free ride. Not to surpass the durable yet forgiving SIMS ABS sidewalls and full tip to tail Poplar wood core, this board promises an epic ride experience at a reasonable price.

Anything else you can get from that?

thanks again!
NJMurtagh is offline   Reply With Quote