Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 5 Free Boards - White Friday Super Stoker!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
tomtom88
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alright well, this is a fantastic effort on your guys' part to spread the stoke when things are rough. I don't want to sound selfish, but I feel I am a deserving recipient of one of these boards. I am a full time college student and due to that schedule I only have time to work two days a week which just barely pays my bills. Any additional money I earn goes towards gas and helping out my folks with groceries and other incidentals. I have never owned my own snowboard, even though I definitely have the itch to ride. A couple years ago, I took lessons and immediately fell in love with the sport. I was able to rent gear a couple of times and get some slight experience to where I am able to ride without falling, big leap I know. All my friends ride and yet I can't join them since I can't afford my own set up. I know I am missing out and would love to get on the slopes more often. I have been a member of this forum for a few years now, and I can't help but feel like a poser every time I post on here. Please help me end that feeling and aid me in becoming an actual snowboarder, instead of a poser. I would be forever grateful! Plus, I live in beautiful Colorado, it is practically a sin to not ride when living here. Thank you for the opportunity, you guys are awesome for sure.