Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib Tech TRS...Which size for me?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
5.6, 150lbs, intermediate. So I'd say jibbing/buttering takes up 20prcnt of my time, pow as well, and groomers about 80prcnt.

I basicly want to know whether I could ride this particular board in a slightly shorter lenght, or if I'll be happier if I got the longer version

*SNIP*

Still on the fence. Is the TRS light and flex enough to get away with an extra inch longer than what I usually ride? Or can I get it an inch shorter and not get in trouble in pow and on fast/icy groomers thanks to the supposedly grippy edges?

Why don't they just make one in 152 or 153
Holy fuck it's only an inch! I went from a 153 FS to a 159 FR oriented board with a wider stance width, and it only took a couple runs to get used to the difference. You're talking about 3 cm on identical boards!

In all seriousness if you're on hardpack/ice a lot you want more effective edge to dig in. You're the same height as me so no reason you could swing a 154 around. Don't be a pussy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungMartin View Post
You'd be happy to hear that you can go shorter than you normally do with all libtech boards.
And why is that?
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote